Vice President, Precertification Education
CPA Canada is the national organization representing the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) profession in Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, External Relations and Business Development, the Vice President, Precertification Education is responsible for providing strategic direction and operational oversight for the development of the CPA Certification Program and the Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance. As a member of the Management Committee, you will play a lead role in the strategic management of CPA Canada as well as work closely with your own leadership team to ensure high performance in the development of world class precertification programs for the CPA Profession. As the leader of precertification education, you will foster the achievement of a constructive culture capable of adapting to growth and change and ensure the Canadian CPA is the pre-eminent, globally respected business, and accounting designation for the future.
As the ideal candidate, you possess in-depth experience and knowledge of post-secondary level educational, curriculum, and instructional design. Your graduate level degree is paired with strong management and leadership experience within a corporate environment, professional body, or administrative function within an educational institution. Your exceptional judgement, problem solving, and decision-making skills and high energy, ambition, and result oriented style will allow you to be highly effective and influential in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- · Accountable for the development of high quality curriculum for the CPA PEP, CPA PREP Modules, CPA Canada ACAF and all related examinations including the Common Final Examination (CFE);
- · Foster constructive relation relationships and build consensus with the provincial and regional education bodies responsible for the delivery of the CPA PEP, CPA PREP and the CPA Canada ACAF;
- · Accountable for developing relationships with the academic community to position CPA Canada as the leading voice for accounting and business education;
- · Support the Professional Education Management Committee to develop and oversee the implementation of the strategies and general standards related pre-certification education for CPAs;
- · Work closely with the Management Committee on fostering constructive, continuous improvement by establishing and measuring effectiveness and efficiencies by way of KPIs and other key metrics;
- · Lead and support the development and promotion of thought leadership in accounting and business education and curriculum design;
- · Manage projects according to CPA Canada methodologies, incorporating project charter, scope, project milestones and key dates into project plans and providing visibility into project progress to key stakeholders;
- · Plan and direct all aspects of the Education group’s policies, objectives, and initiatives;
- · Achieve and/or contribute to milestones as set out in the organizations objectives of any given year;
- · Provide quality assurance/quality control for all items related to operations under his/her portfolio;
- · Ensure alignment to organization-wide processes related to performance and compensation management, financial reporting, succession planning, code of conduct, leadership development;
- · Work as an effective and visible change leader through the various stages of shift and growth;
- · Aware of and responsive to internal and external threats, opportunities, strengths and weaknesses;
- · Promote a high-performance, respectful culture in alignment with overall organizational culture, values and strategy;
- · Identify and develop talent through both formal (annual Talent Review) and informal avenues.
- · Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in post-secondary level education with specific capability in curriculum development and instructional design combined with experience in a Corporate environment, Professional Body or Administrative function within an educational institution;
- · Passion for high quality education that is fiscally sustainable and viable for the organization, the delivery partners, employers and students;
- · Exceptional judgment and demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills;
- · Ability to work effectively and be influential in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- · Track record of successful leadership of a team comprised mainly of CPA professionals;
- · A unique combination of strategic focus, combined with a hands-on, operational working style;
- · Highly motivated, self-directed and results-oriented;
- · Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- · Fluency in French would be considered an asset;
- · PhD in Accounting and/or Master’s degree in Education or MBA would be an asset;
- · CPA designation an asset.
This position is based in Toronto. Some travel is required.
CPA Canada offers a unique flexible and balanced working environment that allows individuals to maximize professional and personal development. We are committed to cultivating and inclusive, accessible environment, where each employee feels respected, valued and supported. Qualified individuals who wish to know more may contact, on a confidential basis, a KBRA consultant who has been retained for this search:
Anna Stuart, Jane Kidner, or Jason Ozon at 1-866-822-6022, or submit your application online at: www.kbrs.ca/Careers/12522
If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, please email us your contact information and we’ll be happy to work with you to meet your needs.