Position: Tenure-track of Lecturer in Business Analytics
Organization: Thompson Rivers University
Unit: School of Business & Economics
The School of Business and Economics (SoBE) at Thompson Rivers University invites applications for a bipartite tenure-track position at the rank of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in business analytics area. The anticipated start date is August 1, 2019 or later. The Department of Management, Information and Supply Chain is an integral part of the School of Business & Economics and offers a Supply Chain Management Major and Minor, a Post-baccalaureate Diploma in Supply Chain, and Minors in Project Management and Management Information System areas, in addition to offering service courses for the School of Business & Economics.
The School of Business and Economics (SoBE) is a dynamic part of Thompson Rivers University and offers a wide array of successful graduate and undergraduate degree, diploma, and certificate programs in both business and economics. These programs are taught to domestic and international students using both on-campus and distance delivery methods.
Thompson Rivers University (TRU) provides many paths to learning, a hands-on approach and a supportive inclusive environment to over 25,000 regional, national, and international learners. Research, creativity and innovation are integrated into teaching and learning in over 140 on-campus programs and 60 programs in our Open Learning Division. Thompson Rivers University’s spectacular main campus is at the heart of Kamloops, British Columbia, a small city of 85,000 in BC’s sunny interior. Enjoy four seasons of outdoor adventures, a rich cultural scene and a vibrant, diverse campus community.
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in business analytics and management information system (MIS) areas. Candidates with substantial industrial experience may be considered for MBA teaching. A bipartite faculty member is expected to teach eight courses or course sections per year. The candidate would be expected to make service contributions to the profession, department, school, university or community by participating on various committees and contributing to various initiatives.
- A relevant Master’s degree with a focus on business analytics, quantitative analysis or MIS area is required.
- A Ph.D. degree in business analytics, quantitative analysis or MIS area is preferred.
- Either extensive University level teaching experience in quantitative analysis and MIS areas involving Big Data, Data Mining, and Data & Cluster analysis or strong practical/consulting experience in a managerial or executive role in these areas involving Big Data, Data Mining, and Data & Cluster analysis, is required.
- Ability to teach our majors and minors in supply chain and project management areas is preferred.
- Strong computer skills are required.
Commencement of Employment: August 1, 2019
Review Date for Applications: Applications will be reviewed commencing May 10, 2019, and may continue until the position is filled.
Please apply here: https://tru.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/14547